Honoring the Military Veterans of Gold Rush
Every year on November 11th, we celebrate the people that served the United States across all military branches. To the miners from GOLD RUSH who served in our armed forces, thank you for your service.
November 11, 2020
- Fred Lewis - Fred is a former Green Beret and Special Forces Medic, Africa, Korea, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
- Khara Lewis - Khara is Fred's wife and a former Psyops.
- Stuart McKenzie - Stuart is a Purple Heart recipient and former U.S. army infantry SCOUT sniper. His hand was blown off by a roadside bomb and later reattached.
- Stefan Generally - Stefan is former US Army Special Forces and the recipient of one Purple Heart. He served 26 years with 12 deployments.
- Kyle Pletzke - Kyle is former U.S. Army infantry. He was injured in combat during a roll-over accident in Afghanistan where he had many broken bones including a shattered pelvis.
- KC Morgan - Eight years in the Army as part of an Army Aviation unit.
- Carlos Minor
- Scott Allen
- John Stanz - Recipient of two Purple Hearts–medically retired Marine Raider, was in a coma after a roadside bomb explosion.
- Kendell Madden - Kendall is a Former U.S. Airforce Special Operations Load Master. He was injured in a MC130P combat shadow flying accident.
Archaeologists have unearthed an extremely unusual burial ritual to prevent a return from the dead.
For as long as we know, explorers have searched for the Bible’s most sacred religious artifacts. All-new series SECRETS OF THE LOST ARK premieres Sunday, May 23 at 10p on Science Channel.
The Ellen Fund supports global conservation efforts for endangered species, with an immediate focus on securing a future for wild mountain gorillas.
Starting March 23rd enjoy HOURS of your favorite shows on Discovery, Science, and Animal Planet. From SHARK WEEK and MYTHBUSTERS to CRIKEY! IT'S THE IRWINS and more, scroll through to get the details.
A team of investigators travels to the Amazon to search for three missing explorers who disappeared while looking for the lost city of Akakor. Watch the new series starting Wednesday, May 26 at 10P ET on Discovery.
THIS CAME OUT OF ME, with back-to-back episodes premiering February 23 at 8p ET on Science Channel, takes audiences deep inside extreme and unusual medical emergencies.
On July 6 - 10, the 2021 Global Exploration Summit (GLEX), hosted by The Explorers Club, featured the slate of programming highlighting the world’s leading visionaries, explorers, and scientists. The second annual summit featured more than 20 panels that dove into recent advancements in land, sea, and space exploration. ICYMI, you can stream GLOBAL EXPLORER’S CLUB SUMMIT now on discovery+.
The Raney family face their most difficult challenges yet when HOMESTEAD RESCUE: RANEY RANCH returns with new episodes Thursday, May 6 at 8P ET on Discovery.
Drone deliveries will soon be a reality as the world's first automated superhighway is slated to begin operations in the UK by mid-2024.
The Explorers Club and Discovery are partering on a new series TALES FROM THE EXPLORERS CLUB and celebrating diversity with The Explorers Club 50: Fifty People Changing the World that the World Needs to Know About.Plus, The Explorers Club Discovery Expedition Grants (ECDEG) is kicking off its second year of advancing and showcasing new expeditions, cutting-edge research, and scientific achievements to audiences worldwide.