Curiosity Daily Podcast: Drawbacks and Dangers of Life Hacking (w/ Joseph M. Reagle, Jr.) and Why Wet Fingers Prune
Learn about potential drawbacks to life hacking from Professor Joseph M. Reagle Jr., author of the new book “Hacking Life: Systematized Living and Its Discontents.” You’ll also learn why your fingers get pruney when they’re soaked in water.
Episode Show Notes:
Get your copy of “Hacking Life: Systematized Living and Its Discontents” on Amazon: https://amazon.com
Publications and additional resources from Joseph M. Reagle, Jr:
- “Hacking Life: Systematized Living and Its Discontents” — https://amazon.com
- “Reading the Comments: Likers, Haters, and Manipulators at the Bottom of the Web” — https://amazon.com
- “Good Faith Collaboration: The Culture of Wikipedia” — https://amazon.com
- Official website — https://reagle.org/joseph/
- Follow @jmreagle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/jmreagle
- MIT Press — https://mitpress.mit.edu/contributors/joseph-m-reagle-jr
If you love our show and you're interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You'll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.