Curiosity Daily Podcast: Hot Testes, Blasting Diabetes, Robo Fish Cleans Ocean
Come along with us to figure out how heating up testicles could be an effective male contraceptive, how ultrasounds might help us cure Type 2 diabetes, and how a robotic fish might soon clean our oceans.
Episode show notes:
Heating up testes isn’t what you think.
- “Heating Up Testicles Could Solve a Major Male Contraceptive Issue” by Jeffrey Mo
- “Magnetic Testis Targeting and Magnetic Hyperthermia for Noninvasive, Controllable Male Contraception via Intravenous Administration” by Weihua Ding, et al.
Type 2 diabetes potential cure.
- “Diabetes Successfully Treated Using Ultrasound in Preclinical Study” by Rich Haridy
- “Treating Diabetes Without Drugs? Novel Non-Pharmacological Treatments on the Horizon” by Jane E. Dee
- “Ultrasound: The Future of Diabetes Treatment?” by Tim Newman
Robotic fish are the future.
- “Scientists unveil bionic robo-fish to remove microplastics from seas” by Sofia Quaglia
- “Robust, Healable, Self-Locomotive Integrated Robots Enabled by Noncovalent Assembled Gradient Nanostructure” by Yuyan Wang, Gehong Su, Jin Li, Quanquan Guo, Yinggang Miao, and Xinxing Zhang
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.