Curiosity Daily Podcast: How Fruit Flies Are Like Humans, (w/ Stephanie Mohr), Your Changing Personality, and Pennies
Learn about how and why we study fruit flies with some help from Stephanie Mohr, author of the new book “First in Fly: Drosophila Research and Biological Discovery.” You’ll also learn why we still make pennies here in the U.S., and why science says your personality completely changes over time.
Episode Show Notes:
Get your copy of “First in Fly: Drosophila Research and Biological Discovery” on Amazon: https://amazon.com
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
- The U.S. Penny Costs More Than 1 Cent to Produce — https://curiosity.im/2GoTkYQ
- Science Says You're A Totally Different Person At 14 And 77 — https://curiosity.im/2IloIZD
Additional resources from Stephanie Mohr:
- “First in Fly: Drosophila Research and Biological Discovery” — https://amazon.com
- Follow Stephanie Mohr on Twitter @smohrfly — https://twitter.com/smohrfly
- Harvard bio — https://scholar.harvard.edu/smohr
If you love our show and you're interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You'll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.