Curiosity Daily Podcast: Wait Less Weight Loss, Birth Control For Men, Seed Bombing
Today, you’ll learn about a new drug that could help you safely lose up to a fifth of your body weight, a new, non-hormonal birth control pill that is made for men, and how drones may hold the key to reforestation.
Episode show notes:
Weight loss five times faster.
- “Diabetes drug helps patients lose never-before-seen amounts of weight, study shows” by Karen Weintraub
- “Tirzepatide Once Weekly for the Treatment of Obesity” by Ania M. Jastreboff, M.D., Ph.D., Louis J. Aronne, M.D., Nadia N. Ahmad, M.D., M.P.H., Sean Wharton, M.D., Pharm.D., Lisa Connery, M.D., Breno Alves, M.D., Arihiro Kiyosue, M.D., Ph.D., Shuyu Zhang, M.S., Bing Liu, Ph.D., Mathijs C. Bunck, M.D., Ph.D., and Adam Stefanski, M.D., Ph.D.
Men entering the world of birth control.
- “This birth control pill for men could begin human trials later this year” by Hannah Seo
- “A non-hormonal pill could soon expand men’s birth control options” by The American Chemical Society
- “Male Birth Control Pill Expected to Start Human Trials This Year” by corryn Wetzel
- “Contraceptive Use” by the CDC
Seed bombing may not be what you think.
- “Drones Are Setting Down Roots In Wildfire-Scarred Landscapes” by Ashley Franzen
- “Aerial Planting: Bc First Nations Company Trialing Reforestation With Drones” by Maria Church
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.