Episode Show Notes:
Men who sleep less are seen as more masculine by Kelsey Donk
- Men Who Sleep Less Are Seen As More Masculine: A Stereotype With Potentially Damaging Consequences. (2020, October 29). Research Digest; Research Digest. https://digest.bps.org.uk/2020/10/29/men-who-sleep-less-are-seen-as-more-masculine-a-stereotype-with-potentially-damaging-consequences/
- Warren, N. B., & Campbell, T. H. (2020). The Sleep-Deprived Masculinity Stereotype. The Association for Consumer Research. https://doi.org/10.1086/711758
What makes radiation harmful? by Cameron Duke
- How Does Radiation Affect Humans? (2019). Georgetown.Edu. https://bioethicsarchive.georgetown.edu/achre/final/intro_9_5.html
- Ionizing Radiation and Humans – The Basics. (2011). @physicscentral. https://www.physicscentral.com/explore/action/radiationandhumans.cfm
- NRC: The Student Corner: What Are The Different Types of Radiation? (2020). Nrc.Gov. https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/basic-ref/students/science-101/what-are-different-types-of-radiation.html
Episodes referenced in Curiosity Challenge Trivia with Diogo:
Subscribe to Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Ashley Hamer and Natalia Reagan (filling in for Cody Gough). You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Are Women Colder Than Men? Plus: The Worst Year to Be Alive, and Heart Cancer Rarity
Learn about the worst year to be alive, according to at least one medieval historian; why you never hear about heart cancer; and why women prefer hotter showers than men do.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Introducing If/Then
What gets you curious? Virtual experiences, celestial bodies, water worlds or maybe just the tiniest mysteries inside your brain? The endlessly curious and curiously funny, Gillian Jacobs (Community, Netflix's LOVE) and Diona Reasonover (NCIS), step off set to go on tangents with real-life astronauts, astrophysicists, science artists, mathematician-types and other really smart people that investigate what seems impossible.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: The Curiosity Podcast Wraps Up with Yoga, Volcanoes, and Meditation
Learn from some of our favorite expert guests about yoga, volcanoes, meditation, and more on this special episode of the Curiosity Podcast. You'll hear from accomplished authors and academics from past episodes, in addition to a special guest you've never heard before on the show. Plus, hear about the past, present, and future of the Curiosity Podcast.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Do Opposites Really Attract?
Learn about why opposites don’t really attract; the “propinquity effect” and how physical distance affects the way we feel about other people; and the history of when and why we started using last names.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Does ESP Exist?
Learn about ESP; why people panicked about electricity in the 1800s; and how embryos use sound to prepare for the world.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Are Facial Expressions Universal?
Learn about common ancestors shared by every human; evolution’s multiple directions; and universal facial expressions.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: How to Talk to Strangers, Red Dead Redemption 2 Naturalists, July Curiosity Challenge
Learn how to get better at talking to strangers; and how Red Dead Redemption 2 turns gamers into naturalists. Trivia too!
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Vampire Bats Adopt Babies Too
Learn about why engineers tested a temporary “smart tattoo” that emits light via OLEDs; a female vampire bat that adopted her best friend’s baby after the friend’s death; and how you can sharpen your mind with device-free quiet time.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Why April Fool’s Day Exists
Learn about what the “frenemy effect” can teach us about bullying; the surprising ability of marmosets to eavesdrop on each others’ conversations; and why April Fool’s Day may have originated from an out-of-date calendar.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Do Single-A Batteries Exist?
Learn about whether there’s such a thing as “single A” batteries; 5 surprising ways volunteering improves your physical health; and how duckbill dinosaurs may have crossed an ocean to reach Africa.