More from David Copperfield:
- Pick up “David Copperfield’s History of Magic”: https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/David-Copperfields-History-of-Magic/David-Copperfield/9781982112912
- Website: https://www.davidcopperfield.com/
- Follow @D_Copperfield on Twitter: https://twitter.com/D_Copperfield
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/davidcopperfield
Ducklings get a speed boost when they swim in a line behind their mother by Cameron Duke
- Conover, Emily. (2021, October 20). “Here’s the Physics of Why Ducklings Swim in a Row behind Their Mother.” Science News. https://www.sciencenews.org/article/physics-why-ducklings-swim-row-behind-mother-duck-waves-energy
- University of Strathclyde. (2021, October 7). Riding the waves keeps ducks in a row. Phys.org. https://phys.org/news/2021-10-ducks-row.html
- Yuan, Z.-M., Chen, M., Jia, L., Ji, C., & Incecik, A. (2021). Wave-riding and wave-passing by ducklings in formation swimming. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 928. https://doi.org/10.1017/jfm.2021.820
Join Cody and Ashley during their CES Virtual Stage Talks at #CES2022, the Consumer Electronics Show, via livestream:
- Thursday, January 6, 10:30am PT / 1:30pm ET: Digital Optics and the Metaverse https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6874433397352128512/
- Thursday, January 6, 12:00pm PT / 3:00pm ET: Data as a Game Changer for Manufacturing Excellence https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6874112904824717312/
- Thursday, January 6, 2:30pm PT / 5:30pm ET: Bioelectronics and individualized medicine https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6876284351219339264/
- Friday, January 7, 10:30am PT / 1:30pm ET: The Race to the Future Computing Paradigm https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6873796556617781248/
- Friday, January 7, 12:00pm PT / 3:00pm ET: Smart Antenna Satellite Broadband Connectivity https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6874504071500349440/
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new Wednesday-Friday with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
David Copperfield’s Magic on the Moon, Fish and Whale Tails, a Giant Magnetic Tunnel
Learn about where to find David Copperfield’s secrets; a magnetic tunnel surrounding the Earth; and marine mammal tails.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: How to Prepare for a Warmer Future (w/ David Pogue)
Bestselling author and CBS news correspondent David Pogue discusses why preparing for climate change is just as important as fighting it, with. Then, you’ll learn why you can make someone less defensive by making them feel validated
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Why Generalists Triumph (w/ David Epstein) and What Causes Puffy Eyes After Crying
Learn about why your eyes get puffy when you cry. You’ll also learn about the benefits of being a generalist instead of a specialist from a special guest: author David Epstein.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Narcissism Lessons, The War-Stopping Eclipse (w/ Dr. David Warmflash), and Toothed Tumors
Learn about the trait you can borrow from narcissists to boost your professional and academic success; the groundbreaking and potentially life-saving discovery that came from studying tumors that can grow teeth; and the story of how a solar eclipse prediction helped end a war, restore an economy, and build a philosophy school that trained a couple of history’s greatest minds, with some help from Dr. David Warmflash.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Craving Healthy Foods, What Grew Astronomy (w/ Dr. David Warmflash), $1 Million Math Problems
Learn about why starting an exercise routine might give you healthier food cravings; math problems that you could get a million dollars for solving; and the story of what drove the growth of astronomy in the Middle Ages, with some help from Dr. David Warmflash.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Protecting Yourself from Hearing Loss (w/ David Owen) and Why Woolly Mammoths Went Extinct
Learn about some of the most common causes for hearing loss and how you can protect your ears from them, from author David Owen. You’ll also learn about how woolly mammoth DNA has given us new insight into what made them go extinct.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Finding What You Love to Do (w/ David Epstein) and How to Deliver Bad News
Learn about how to find what you love doing and excel at it, from author David Epstein. You’ll also learn about why you should always present good news along with bad news.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Burning Calories without Exercise, Amelia Earhart’s Last Words, and Bob Dylan and David Bowie’s Writing Technique
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Hearing Loss and Technology (w/ David Owen) and the Psychology of Reacting to a Crisis (Like COVID-19)
Author David Owen discusses what happens once you’ve lost your hearing — and how much technology can actually help. Then, learn about the psychology behind our reactions to a crisis like the COVID-19 pandemic.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: It’s Never Too Early to Protect Your Hearing (w/ David Owen) and Why You Should Work in 90-Minute Spurts
Author David Owen discusses how hearing works and why it’s important to protect even when you’re young. Plus: learn how to be more productive by tapping into your “ultradian rhytms.”