A 30-Minute Workout Is A Surefire Way To Boost Your Body Image by Anna Todd
- MacMillan, A. (2017, June 16). How to Feel Thinner in 30 Minutes. Time; Time. https://time.com/4821689/exercise-feel-thin-fast/?xid=newsletter-brief
- Salci, L. E., & Martin Ginis, K. A. (2017). Acute effects of exercise on women with pre-existing body image concerns: A test of potential mediators. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 31, 113–122. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychsport.2017.04.001
- E, C.-R., J, M.-J., W, S.-R., & G, A.-V. (2021). The acute effect of different intensity aerobic and resistance training exercise on the body image in adult women. International Journal of Physical Education, Fitness and Sports, 22–31. https://doi.org/10.34256/ijpefs2144
Study finds the ideal deadline length to avoid procrastination by Cameron Duke
- Haupt, A. (2021, July 9). Why do we procrastinate, and how can we stop? Experts have answers. Washington Post; The Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/procrastinate-why-stop-advice/2021/07/09/13b7dc2c-e00e-11eb-9f54-7eee10b5fcd2_story.html
- Knowles, S., Servátka, M., Sullivan, T., & Genç, M. (2021). Procrastination and the non‐monotonic effect of deadlines on task completion. Economic Inquiry. https://doi.org/10.1111/ecin.13042
- Urban, T. (2013, October 30). Why Procrastinators Procrastinate — Wait But Why. Wait but Why. https://waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html
- What deadline length is best for avoiding procrastination and completing tasks? (2021, November 3). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/933369
Climate change could make the day longer by Steffie Drucker
- If all of Earth’s ice melts and flows into the ocean, what would happen to the planet’s rotation? – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet. (2021). Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet. https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/30/if-all-of-earths-ice-melts-and-flows-into-the-ocean-what-would-happen-to-the-planets-rotation/
- Scientists ID three causes of Earth’s spin axis drift. (2018, September 27). Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet. https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2805/scientists-id-three-causes-of-earths-spin-axis-drift/
- NASA Study Solves Two Mysteries About Wobbling Earth. (2011). NASA. https://www.nasa.gov/feature/nasa-study-solves-two-mysteries-about-wobbling-earth
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Is Exercise for Work as Good as Exercise for Play?
Learn about dog jealousy; physical activity at work vs. at play; and why only certain parts of us get pruney when wet.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Should You Exercise on an Empty Stomach?
Bestselling author and CBS news correspondent David Pogue explains why climate change is leading to more kidney stones and bar fights. Then, learn about the “doorway effect” when you forget why you walked into a room; and whether you should exercise on an empty stomach.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Hubble Telescope History, Selfie Science, and Exercise Myths
Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com to help you learn something new in just a few minutes:
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Daddy Longlegs, Dyson Spheres, and Exercising with a Partner
Learn about why daddy longlegs aren’t dangerous; the theoretical Dyson Sphere; and benefits of exercising with a partner.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Daddy Longlegs Myths, Dyson Spheres, and Benefits of Exercising with a Partner
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com to help you learn something new in just a few minutes:
Curiosity Daily Podcast: When to Kill Spiders, How to Exercise when Depressed, and Strange Food Origins
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Focus on the Ending, How to Deal with Impostor Syndrome, and Sit Less or Exercise More?
Learn about the best way to deal with impostor syndrome; whether it’s more important to sit less or exercise more; and why the peak end rules says experiences are all about the ending.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Burning Calories without Exercise, Amelia Earhart’s Last Words, and Bob Dylan and David Bowie’s Writing Technique
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
Curiosity Daily Podcast: A New Way to Build Habits (w/ Dr. BJ Fogg) and the Best Time of Day to Exercise
Stanford behavior scientist Dr. BJ Fogg explains new research into how you can pick new habits you’ll actually stick with. Then, you’ll learn about the best time of day to exercise.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Quitting Smoking May Reawaken Healthy Cells, Why You Yawn During Exercise, and Telling the Age of Crime Scene Fingerprints
Learn about how quitting smoking may reawaken healthy cells; how researchers figured out how to tell the age of crime scene fingerprints to help investigators; and why you sometimes yawn while exercising or singing.