Curiosity Daily Podcast: How Movies and TV Shows Like "South Park" and "Rick and Morty" Help Us Understand Ourselves
Jared Bauer, co-founder and head of content at Wisecrack, believes it's important to explore big ideas and meaningful topics through the lens of pop culture and media. On this episode of the Curiosity Podcast, the man who helped bring you Thug Notes, 8-Bit Philosophy, Earthling Cinema, The Philosophy of Everything, What Went Wrong?, Show Me the Meaning!, and more joins the Curiosity Podcast to discuss how studying the humanities and understanding cinema and television shows (like South Park and Rick and Morty) can enrich your life and make society better.
Episode Show Notes:
More reading from Curiosity and additional resources discussed:
- Special Guest Cody Gough from Curiosity.com Discusses Andrew Niccol's Gattaca with the Wisecrack crew (Jared, Austin, and Ryan)! on "Show Me The Meaning!"
- America's Film History Is Stored In This Building | Curiosity
- 5 Ways The Incredibles Is Ayn Randian Propaganda | Houston Press
- Why is 10:10 the Default Setting for Clocks and Watches? | Mental Floss
- Wisecrack on YouTube
- Wisecrack.co (Official Website)
- Christopher Nolan Video Playlist
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Themes Explained – Wisecrack Quick Take
- Show Me The Meaning! – A Wisecrack Movie Podcast (Explicit)
- Respect Our Authoritah! – A SOUTH PARK Podcast by Wisecrack (Explicit)
- Wisecrack's THE SQUANCH: A Rick & Morty Podcast (Explicit)
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.