More from The Happy Puppy on DOGTV and Dr. Courtney Campbell:
- The Happy Puppy on DOGTV: https://watch.dogtv.com/happy-puppy
- Use code PUPPIES22 to score a free month at https://www.dogtv.com/
- Follow @dogtv on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/dogtv/
- Dr. Courtney Campbell’s website: https://www.drcourtneydvm.com/
- Follow @drcourtneydvm on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drcourtneydvm/
Mark your calendar for PUPPY BOWL XVIII on Sunday, February 13 at 2 PM ET on Animal Planet and streaming on discovery+
- Puppy Bowl XVIII: https://www.discovery.com/shows/puppy-bowl/see
- Ready, Set, Pup! Introducing Puppy Bowl XVIII: https://www.discovery.com/shows/puppy-bowl/see/puppy-bowl-announcement
- Start your 7-day free trial of discovery+ at https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Back burner relationships are bad for you by Steffie Drucker
- Johnson, S. (2021, November 24). Back-burner communication with your ex is likely to end poorly. Big Think; Big Think. https://bigthink.com/neuropsych/back-burner-communication-with-ex/
- Banas, J. A., Dibble, J. L., Bessarabova, E., & Drouin, M. (2021). Simmering on the Back Burner or Playing with Fire? Examining the Consequences of Back-Burner Digital Communication Among Ex-Partners. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, 24(7), 473–479. https://doi.org/10.1089/cyber.2020.0717
- Why Keeping an Ex on the Back Burner Could Be a Bad Idea. (2021). Psychology Today. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/consequences-digital-communication/202111/why-keeping-ex-the-back-burner-could-be-bad-idea
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: The Cutest Kind of Puppy, Rural Happiness, and the Science of “Thank You”
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Microvacations, Why Sand Matters and Why We’re Running Out of It (w/ Vince Beiser), and Savings Plan Tricks
Learn how to stay sane at work by taking a microvacation; an easy trick for building the best savings plan; and why sand is one of the most important materials in human civilization — and why we’re running out of it.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: What Makes Your Brain Happy — and Why You Should Do the Opposite
What your brain wants and what your brain needs aren't always the same. In fact, the shortcuts our brains take can lead to biases and distortions that make us our own worst enemy. Science writer David DiSalvo, author of "What Makes Your Brain Happy and Why You Should Do the Opposite," discusses our brain's shortcomings and how we can identify and conquer them.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: What Elevators Can Teach Us About Autonomous Cars (w/ Jason Feifer of Entrepreneur Magazine)
Learn what the elevator can teach us about our past and our future. Plus: surprising discoveries from bomb-pulse dating.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Laziness Isn’t What You Think (w/ Dr. Devon Price)
Learn about how we know that an asteroid killed the dinosaurs. We’ll also talk to social psychologist and author Devon Price about how laziness might actually benefit us.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Blind Gamers Take the “Video” Out of Video Games
Learn about how blind and low-vision gamers are taking the “video” out of video games, with Cornell University Professor Andrew Campana. Then, learn about a newly discovered mammoth fossil that shatters the record for the oldest DNA we’ve ever found.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Science of Stretching (w/ Get-Fit Guy), Tourette Syndrome Myths, and 3 Ways to Boost Emotional Intelligence
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com — and learn about the science of stretching from Get-Fit Guy of Quick and Dirty Tips — to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Letting Wounds Breathe, Grocery App Benefits, Tardigrade Guns
Learn about when to use bandages; online shopping’s hidden health benefits; and why tardigrades were shot out of a gun.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Fighting the Most Common Form of Prejudice, Autokinetic Effect, and Fermat’s Last Theorem
Learn about the optical illusion that makes stars look like UFOs; surprising facts about Fermat’s last theorem, one of math’s greatest mysteries; and why the most common form of prejudice may surprise you.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Gene Editing with CRISPR and GMOs (w/ Synthego), Fast Radio Bursts, and Angel’s Trumpet
Learn about CRISPR technology and applications in GMOs; a hallucinogenic plant that’s both beautiful and deadly; and how scientists are working together to understand Fast Radio Bursts, which are one of the universe’s greatest mysteries.