Episode Show Notes:
- The Coldest Volcano in the World Erupts Black Lava (Follow-up from this episode)
- There Are 6 Types of Disgust (and This Is What They're For)
- A Space Elevator Could Make Space Travel Easier — If It Were Possible
- Learn the "HALT" Method to Control Your Impulses
- Science Confirmed What You Already Knew: Being Hangry Is Real
Read the sci-fi novel that put space elevators in the spotlight: "Fountains of Paradise" by Arthur C. Clarke is available in paperback or for free on audiobook with a trial of Audible. For more ways to build self-awareness, read "Why Do I Do That? Psychological Defense Mechanisms and the Hidden Ways They Shape Our Lives" by Dr. Joseph Burgo. We handpick reading recommendations we think you may like. If you choose to make a purchase, Curiosity will get a share of the sale.
Learn more about these topics and more on Curiosity.com, and download our 5-star app for Android and iOS. Then, join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Plus: Amazon smart speaker users, enable our Alexa Flash Briefing to learn something new in just a few minutes every day!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.