Episode Show Notes:
More from Rodney Habib and Dr. Karen Shaw Becker:
- Pick up "The Forever Dog: Surprising New Science to Help Your Canine Companion Live Younger, Healthier, and Longer": https://foreverdog.com/about/
- Dr. Karen Becker on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/doctor.karen.becker
- Rodney Habib on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rodneyhabib
- Follow @drkarenbecker on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drkarenbecker/
- Follow @RODNEYHABIB on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/RODNEYHABIB/
- Follow @drkarenbecker on Twitter: https://twitter.com/drkarenbecker
- Follow @rodneyhabib on Twitter: https://twitter.com/rodneyhabib
- Rodney Habib on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXVR-WWoQ6J4kZNmPwdZkNQ/videos
Resilience is a process that fluctuates over time, not a fixed trait by Cameron Duke
- Flynn, P. J., Bliese, P. D., Korsgaard, M. A., & Cannon, C. (2021). Tracking the Process of Resilience: How Emotional Stability and Experience Influence Exhaustion and Commitment Trajectories. Group & Organization Management, 46(4), 692–736. https://doi.org/10.1177/10596011211027676
- Reynolds, E. (2021, August 23). Study Of Marching Band Shows That Resilience Is A Process, Not A Fixed Trait. Research Digest. https://digest.bps.org.uk/2021/08/23/study-of-marching-band-shows-that-resilience-is-a-process-not-a-fixed-trait/
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: What to Do When Your Pet Is Scared, You Have Microbes Inside Your Cells, and Meet Natalia Reagan (Again!)
Learn about what to do when your pet is scared; and why the theory of endosymbiosis says you have microbes inside your cells. Then, stick around to meet Natalia Reagan: an anthropologist, primatologist, and comedian who will be filling Cody’s shoes while he’s on paternity leave.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Flirting Cats, Walking Sharks, Preventing Cerebral Palsy
We discuss a new app that can translate a cat’s meow into human languages, how the Epaulette shark is teaching us about climate change, and a potential treatment that might prevent cerebral palsy.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Introducing: Dogs 101
From Animal Planet comes a new podcast, Dogs 101, where you'll get a rundown of all your favorite dog breeds. Check out the first episode, "Puppies" here.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Befriend Cats with the Slow Blink
Learn about how slow blinking at a cat can help you make friends with it, how temptation bundling can help you reinforce good habits, and why Moravec’s Paradox says the easy stuff is hardest for artificial intelligence.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: There’s No Such Thing as a Hypoallergenic Dog
Learn about why there’s no such thing as a hypoallergenic dog; why you should praise kids for their work ethic, not their smarts; and why you should never put coffee grounds in your garden.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Why Your Dog’s Paws Smell Like Corn Chips
Learn about why you shouldn’t add oil to your pasta water; a simple way to help kids think better; and why your dog’s paws smell like corn chips.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Backward Letters, Dogs Detect Lies, Neutron Star Mountains
Learn about why children write letters backward; how dogs know when you’re lying to them; and mountains on neutron stars.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Gray Matter Gabfest, Our Pulsating Earth, Smarty Cats
Today, you’ll learn about how a man with advanced ALS, who can’t move a muscle, was able to communicate with his family using his thoughts, about a sixty-year-old mystery involving the earth and why it pulsates every twenty-six seconds, and how cats can learn the names of their fellow cats under the right conditions.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Earworms Aid Memory, How Auroras Happen, Don’t Give Cats Milk
Learn how earworms could be helping your memory; how auroras are created; and what your cat should drink instead of milk.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Saving Dogs from Fireworks, Benjamin Franklin’s Productivity Schedule, and Supportive Texting
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes: