Curiosity Daily: Super X-Ray, Seeing Future Weather, Vitamin D-ementia
Discover a new x-ray giving us incredible sight into ourselves, the future of weather prediction, and a surprising potential link between dementia and vitamin D.
- Human Organ Atlas
- Brightest Ever X-ray Shows Lung Vessels Altered by COVID-19 by University College London
- Drawing Up a ‘Google Earth’ of the Human Body by Jon Cartwright
- Imaging Intact Human Organs with Local Resolution of Cellular Structures Using Hierarchical Phase-Contrast Tomography by C.L. Walsh, et al.
Hotter summers are coming.
- Skillful seasonal prediction of North American summertime heat extremes by Liwei Jia, et al.
- GFDL’s New Modeling System for Seasonal Predictions by Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory
- Butterflies, rounding errors, and the chaos of climate models by Emily Becker
- SPEAR: The Next Generation GFDL Modeling System for Seasonal to Multidecadal Prediction and Projection by Thomas L. Delworth, et al.
More vitamin D please.
- “Vitamin D Deficiency May Increase the Risk of Dementia” by Elizabeth Pratt
- “Vitamin D Deficiency Leads to Dementia” by University of South Australia
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+!
Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.