Episode Show Notes:
Kivi Kuaka: how birds could be the key to an early warning system for natural disasters by Briana Brownell
- Hakai Magazine. (2021). Can Birds Help Us Avoid Natural Disasters? | Hakai Magazine. Hakai Magazine; Hakai Magazine. https://www.hakaimagazine.com/news/can-birds-help-us-avoid-natural-disasters/
- The project - Kivi Kuaka. (2021, May 3). Kivi Kuaka. https://kivikuaka.fr/theproject/?lang=en
Your Favorite Fairy Tales Are Way Older Than You Think by Ashley Hamer
- Folk tales are older than you think - Durham University. (2021). Dur.ac.uk. https://www.dur.ac.uk/news/research/?itemno=27041
- Comparative phylogenetic analyses uncover the ancient roots of Indo-European folktales | Royal Society Open Science. (2016). Royal Society Open Science. https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/full/10.1098/rsos.150645
- No fairy tale: Origins of some famous stories go back thousands of years. (2016, January 20). Science News. https://www.sciencenews.org/article/no-fairy-tale-origins-some-famous-stories-go-back-thousands-years
- Keats, J. (2017). The Origins of an Ancient Fairy Tale. Discover Magazine; Discover Magazine. https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/the-origins-of-an-ancient-fairy-tale
- Fairy Tales: September 2021 podcast playlist | Podcast Brunch Club. (2021, August 31). Podcast Brunch Club. https://podcastbrunchclub.com/fairytales/
Why do breaks heal faster than sprains? by Cameron Duke
- Clemence Lim. (2021, June 14). Better to break a bone than to tear a ligament or tendon? Ask your Physio. Core Concepts Physiotherapy; Core Concepts Pte Ltd. https://www.coreconcepts.com.sg/article/better-to-break-a-bone/
- Healing Expectations for Different Tissue Types - Symmetry Physical Therapy. (2017, July 25). Symmetry Physical Therapy. https://symmetryptaustin.com/healing-expectations-for-different-tissue-types/
- J Gordon Betts, Desaix, P., Johnson, E., Johnson, J. E., Korol, O., Kruse, D., Poe, B., Wise, J., Womble, M. D., Young, K. A., & College, O. (2013). Anatomy & physiology. Openstax College, Rice University.
- Ligament. (2020). Physiopedia. https://www.physio-pedia.com/Ligament
- ligament | Definition, Function, Types, & Facts | Britannica. (2021). In Encyclopædia Britannica. https://www.britannica.com/science/ligament
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.