Curiosity Daily Podcast: A.I. and Angina, Undead Tigers, Electrici-sweets
Discover how artificial intelligence can help prevent heart attacks, how scientists are working to bring an extinct species back from the dead, and how sugar in our own body might soon make electricity!
Episode show notes:
Heart attack prevention.
- “AI Predicts If and When Someone Will Experience Cardiac Arrest” by Jill Rosen
- “Arrhythmic sudden death survival prediction using deep learning analysis of scarring in the heart” by Dan M. Popescu, et al.
- “Heart Attack” by Mayo Clinic
- “How the body regulates scar tissue growth after heart attacks” by University of California - Los Angeles Health Sciences
- “Artificial intelligence in healthcare: past, present and future” by Fei Jiang, et al.
Back from the dead.
- “De-Extinction Scientists Are Planning To Bring a Long-Lost 'Tiger' Species Back to Life” by Orlando Jenkinson
- “Thylacine” by The Australian Musem
- “Pathways to de-extinction: how close can we get to resurrection of an extinct species?” by Beth Shapiro
- “The Roar of the Tiger is Fading from Our Planet” by Project CAT
Sugar: it’s electric.
- “Ultrathin fuel cell uses the body’s own sugar to generate electricity” by Jennifer Chu
- “This Ultrathin Fuel Cell Uses Your Body’s Sugar to Make Electricity” by Tony Ho Tran
- “There’s No Such Thing as a Sugar Rush, According to Science” by Joshua A. Krisch
- “Ultrathin Fuel Cells Could Use Your Body’s Sugar to Power Implants” by Sascha Brodsky
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.