Curiosity Daily Podcast: AI vs. Parkinson’s, Dark Sun Power, Death Proof Jellyfish
Ever wonder about the artificial intelligence helping us find and fight Parkinson’s disease? What about the new methods for collecting energy from solar panels at night or how the tiny immortal jellyfish may help us massively extend our lifespans. Tune in to learn more!
Episode show notes:
Robots that help.
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Uncover Hidden Signatures of Parkinson’s Disease by New York Stem Cell Foundation
- Integrating Deep Learning and Unbiased Automated High-Content Screening to Identify Complex Disease Signatures in Human Fibroblasts by Lauren Schiff, et al.
- What is Parkinsons by Ahmad Elkouzi
- Our Agenda by The Michael J. Fox Foundation
Solar but at night.
- Stanford Engineers Invent a Solar Panel That Generates Electricity at Night by Grant Currin
- Nighttime Electric Power Generation at a Density of 50 mW/m2 Via Radiative Cooling of a Photovoltaic Cell by Sid Assawaworrarit, et al.
- How Do Solar Panels Work by Michael Dhar and Ailsa Harvey
- Solar Panels That Can Generate Electricity at Night Have Been Developed at Stanford by Rina Torchinsky
Jellyfish: the secret to life.
- The Secrets of the Immortal Jellyfish, Earth's Longest-Living Animal by Thomas Ling
- Turritopsis dohrnii: The Life Cycle of the Immortal Jellyfish by The Real Immortal Jellyfish
- Cellular Reprogramming and Immortality: Expression Profiling Reveals Putative Genes Involved in Turritopsis dohrnii’s Life Cycle Reversal by Yui Matsumoto and Maria Pia Miglietta
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.