Episode Show Notes:
Newborn mammals "dream" about the world they're about to experience before they open their eyes by Grant Currin
- Eyes wide shut: How newborn mammals dream the world they’re entering. (2021, July 22). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/561171
- Ge, X., Zhang, K., Gribizis, A., Hamodi, A. S., Sabino, A. M., & Crair, M. C. (2021). Retinal waves prime visual motion detection by simulating future optic flow. Science, 373(6553), eabd0830. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.abd0830
- Hathaway-Yale, B. (2021, July 28). Mice “dream” about the world just before they’re born - Futurity. Futurity. https://www.futurity.org/newborn-mice-dream-2603692/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=newborn-mice-dream-2603692
- Cassella, C. (2021). Mice Could Be “Dreaming” About Moving in The World Even Before They Open Their Eyes. ScienceAlert. https://www.sciencealert.com/mammals-could-be-dreaming-about-the-world-even-before-they-open-their-eyes
Additional information about fossil preparators and other resources from Caitlyn Wylie:
- Pick up the open-access book "Preparing Dinosaurs: The Work Behind the Scenes": https://direct.mit.edu/books/monograph/5180/Preparing-DinosaursThe-Work-behind-the-Scenes
- Faculty page https://engineering.virginia.edu/faculty/caitlin-donahue-wylie
- Follow @CaitlinDWylie on Twitter https://twitter.com/CaitlinDWylie
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.