Episode Show Notes:
Additional resources from Emily Oster:
- Pick up "The Family Firm: A Data-Driven Guide to Better Decision Making in the Early Years" at your local bookstore: https://www.indiebound.org/book/9781984881755?aff=penguinrandom
- Website: https://emilyoster.net/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProfEmilyOster
Observation of a new type of supernova sheds light on a famous supernova from 1054 AD by Briana Brownell
- Scientists spotted an electron-capture supernova for the first time. (2021, July). Science News. https://www.sciencenews.org/article/supernova-electron-capture-space-astronomy-physics
- A star in a distant galaxy blew up in a powerful explosion, solving an astronomical mystery. (2021). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-07/tu-asi071421.php
- Hiramatsu, D., Howell, D. A., Van Dyk, S. D., Goldberg, J. A., Maeda, K., Moriya, T. J., Tominaga, N., Nomoto, K., Hosseinzadeh, G., Arcavi, I., McCully, C., Burke, J., Bostroem, K. A., Valenti, S., Dong, Y., Brown, P. J., Andrews, J. E., Bilinski, C., Williams, G. G., & Smith, P. S. (2021). The electron-capture origin of supernova 2018zd. Nature Astronomy. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41550-021-01384-2
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.