Curiosity Daily Podcast: Fusion: Homeward Bound, The Last Light Show, Burnout Blues
Today, you’ll learn about how the next step in nuclear fusion is actually a real estate question, how the death of our sun would be a beautiful thing to see if we were around to witness it, and how an athlete’s desire for perfection can lead to them burning out with their sport altogether.
Episode show notes:
Nuclear plants near the nuclear family.
- “The World's First Nuclear Fusion Power Plant Is Coming” by Caroline Delbert
- “The UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) has asked residents in five areas to provide feedback on potential plans to construct a prototype nuclear fusion power plant.” by Jack Loughran
A new take on sun flares.
- “Scientists Figured Out How And When Our Sun Will Die, And It's Going to Be Epic” by Michelle Starr
- “Sun 'will flare into massive planetary nebula when it dies,” by Ian Sample
- “Celestial Objects: Nebulae” by SeaSky
Perfection can be dangerous.
- “Obsession with failure and hunt for perfection linked to burnout” by University of Essex
- “What Causes Athlete Burnout? A New Study Suggests Perfectionism Plays A Role” By Victoria Forster
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.