Curiosity Daily Podcast: Healing Hearing Hairs, Sun Phones, Chicken Gods
Hear about a new treatment that may be able to reverse hearing loss, how new solar energy storage technology could eventually power our phones, and the surprisingly grand history of chickens.
Episode show notes:
Reversing hearing loss.
- “Reversing hearing loss with regenerative therapy” by Zach Winn
- “What are Progenitor Cells? Exploring Neural, Myeloid and Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells” by Nicole Gleichmann
- “Quick Statistics About Hearing” by the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- “PCA Approach” and “About Hearing Loss” by Frequency Therapeutics
- “FX-322 in Adults With Acquired Sensorineural Hearing Loss” by Frequency Therapeutics Clinical Trial
Phone charger, but make it the sun.
- “Converting solar energy to electricity on demand” by Chalmers University of Technology
- “For a Better Future” by The MOST Solar Project
- “Molecular solar thermal (MOST) energy storage and release system” by Kasper Moth-Poulsen, et al.
- “Solar Energy: Benefits and Drawbacks” by Matthew Johnston
- “The biocultural origins and dispersal of domestic chickens” by Joris Peters, Ophélie Lebrasseur, Evan K. Irving-Pease, Ptolemaios Dimitrios Paxinos, Julia Best, Riley Smallman, Cécile Callou, Armelle Gardeisen, Simon Trixl, Laurent Frantz, Naomi Sykes, Dorian Q. Fuller, and Greger Larson.
- “A new origin story for domesticated chickens starts in rice fields 3,500 years ago” by Bruce Bower.
- “Redefining the timing and circumstances of the chicken's introduction to Europe and north-west Africa” by Julia Best, Sean Doherty, Ian Armit, Zlatozar Boev, Lindsey Büster, Barry Cunliffe, Alison Foster, Ben Frimet, Sheila Hamilton-Dyer, Tom Higham, Ophélie Lebrasseur, Holly Miller, Joris Peters, Michaël Seigle, Caroline Skelton, Rob Symmons, Richard Thomas, Angela Trentacoste, Mark Maltby, Greger Larson, and Naomi Sykes
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.