Curiosity Daily Podcast: How Deadliest Catch Navigates a Deadly Pandemic (w/ Captain Sig Hansen)
Captain Sig Hansen from “Deadliest Catch” discusses the surprising ways the coronavirus pandemic made the world’s most dangerous job even harder. Then, you’ll learn about our moon’s comet-like tail that collides with Earth every month.
Episode Show Notes:
Learn more about Deadliest Catch, Tuesdays at 8 PM ET/PT on Discovery
- Official website https://www.discovery.com/shows/deadliest-catch
- Stream Deadliest Catch on discovery+ https://www.discoveryplus.com/show/deadliest-catch
- Sign up for your 7-day free trial of discovery+ https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity
- Follow @DeadliestCatch on Twitter https://twitter.com/DeadliestCatch
The moon has a comet-like tail and it collides with the Earth each month by Grant Currin
- The Moon Has a Comet-Like Tail. Every Month It Shoots a Beam Around Earth. (2021). The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/04/science/moon-tail-beam.html
- Baumgardner, J., Luettgen, S., Schmidt, C., Mayyasi, M., Smith, S., Martinis, C., Wroten, J., Moore, L., & Mendillo, M. (2021). Long‐Term Observations and Physical Processes in the Moon’s Extended Sodium Tail. Journal of Geophysical Research: Planets, 126(3). https://doi.org/10.1029/2020je006671
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer — for free! You can also listen to our show as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.