Curiosity Daily Podcast: Mushrooming Minds, Super Plants, Plz Call Your Friends
Magic mushrooms are giving researchers hope in treating conditions like anxiety and depression, a new study may have found the key to increasing photosynthesis efficiency in plants, and research shows that we love being reached out to by old friends!
- 'They Broke My Mental Shackles': Could Magic Mushrooms be the Answer to Depression? by Josh Jacobs
- Psilocybin Produces Substantial and Sustained Decreases in Depression and Anxiety in Patients with Life-Threatening Cancer: A Randomized Double-Blind Trial by Roland R. Griffiths, et al.
- Rapid and Sustained Symptom Reduction Following Psilocybin Treatment for Anxiety and Depression in Patients with Life-Threatening Cancer: A Randomized Controlled Trial by Stephen Ross, et al.
- Psilocybin-Induced Decrease in Amygdala Reactivity Correlates with Enhanced Positive Mood in Healthy Volunteers by Rainer Kraehenmann, et al.
- Therapeutic Mechanisms of Psilocybin: Changes in Amygdala and Prefrontal Functional Connectivity during Emotional Processing after Psilocybin for Treatment-Resistant Depression by Lea J. Mertens, et al.
- Limbic System: Amygdala by The University of Texas McGovern Medical School
- Scientists Resurrect Ancient Enzymes To Improve Photosynthesis by Krishna Ramanujan
- Improving the Efficiency of Rubisco by Resurrecting Its Ancestors in the Family Solanaceae by Myat T. Lin, et al.
- Scientists Take Step to Improve Crops’ Photosynthesis, Yields by Krishna Ramanujan
- Small Subunits Can Determine Enzyme Kinetics of Tobacco Rubisco Expressed in Escherichia Coli by Myat T. Lin, et al.
Plz Call Your Friends
- “Unexpectedly reaching out to a friend is more appreciated than people assume, new study shows” by Douglas Heingartner
- “The Surprise of Reaching Out: Appreciated More Than We Think” by Peggy J. Liu, SoYon Rim, Lauren Min, and Kate E. Min
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.