More from Dr. Wendy Suzuki:
- Pick up “Good Anxiety: Harnessing the Power of the Most Misunderstood Emotion” https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Good-Anxiety/Wendy-Suzuki/9781982170738
- Dr. Suzuki’s official website: https://www.wendysuzuki.com/
- Follow @wasuzuki on Twitter: https://twitter.com/wasuzuki
Combat social anxiety on HiHo:
- Download on the App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hiho-video/id1535845974?itsct=apps_box&itscg=30200
- Curiosity on HiHo: https://hiho.link/g/curiosity
- Cody’s Curious Clan: https://hiho.link/g/codyclan
Why can’t I drink grapefruit juice when I take certain medicines? by Cameron Duke
- Bailey, D. G., Dresser, G., & Arnold, J. M. O. (2012). Grapefruit–medication interactions: Forbidden fruit or avoidable consequences? Canadian Medical Association Journal, 185(4), 309–316. https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.120951
- Drug Metabolism – The Importance of Cytochrome P450 3A4. (2014). Govt.nz. https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/puarticles/march2014drugmetabolismcytochromep4503a4.htm
- Office of the Commissioner. (2021). Grapefruit juice can affect how well some medicines work. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/grapefruit-juice-and-some-drugs-dont-mix
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Disgusting Sights Literally Turn Your Stomach
Learn about how disgusting sights literally turn your stomach; and why tattoos are permanent. Then, play along at home as we test your podcast knowledge in this month’s edition of the Curiosity Challenge trivia game.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Could Parasites Turn Us into Zombies?
Learn about whether parasites can turn us into zombies, why awkward silences are so awkward, and why bubbles form in boiling water.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: How GPS Clocks Work (w/ Hugo Fruehauf) and Why Stress Turns Hair Gray
Learn how atomic clocks and how GPS clocks work, with help from the engineer who made GPS clocks possible: Hugo Fruehauf. But first, you’ll learn about how Harvard researchers finally figured out why stress can turn your hair gray.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: The True Cavity Culprit, Modular Meds, Enzymes vs Plastic
Today, you’ll learn about how your brushing routine may not be the biggest factor in whether or not you get cavities, how a new method of building pharmaceutical production facilities may bring medical access to previously underserved regions, and how the discovery of a plastic-eating bacteria could revolutionize the recycling industry. Brush but STILL get cavities? You’re not alone (and brushing isn’t enough).
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Why You Need a Virtual Commute
Learn about why remote workers need a "virtual commute," what happened when scientists tried growing prehistoric-sized insects, and how the solar system has not one, but two alignment planes.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Freezer Burn Science, A Giant Flying Reptile, and How to Learn Twice as Fast
Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories to help you learn something new in just a few minutes:
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Covid’s Bright Side, Frogs Out on a Limb, Fertilizing Fuel
Today, you’ll learn about how COVID-19 may have revamped cities for the better, astounding new technology that could one day regrow human limbs, and how an agricultural fertilizer is going from feeding the world to potentially powering the world.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Personality-Predicting Eye Movements, a Mysterious Battery, and “English As She Is Spoke”
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Why We Always Forget that Less Is More (w/ Leidy Klotz)
Learn how human hair can improve solar panels and why people tend to add, not subtract, when trying to improve something.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: The Curiosity Podcast Wraps Up with Yoga, Volcanoes, and Meditation
Learn from some of our favorite expert guests about yoga, volcanoes, meditation, and more on this special episode of the Curiosity Podcast. You'll hear from accomplished authors and academics from past episodes, in addition to a special guest you've never heard before on the show. Plus, hear about the past, present, and future of the Curiosity Podcast.